There are three ways to Reach Sentosa, One is on MRT. The MRT runs from Vivo City ( Harbour Front) to Sentosa. So where you are staying in Singapore Take MRT to Harbour Front, and Get down at Harbour Front Station. Harbour front station itself is connected to Vivo City Mall. Ask any one, or read sign boards and you will not miss. Second or expensive way is to take cable car from Mount Faber to Sentosa Island. Its an experience in itself costing Sng $ 35 each person. Third way is to Take bus from Harbour front Bus stop, ( Which is not even 1 min distance from Harbour front MRT station).The Shuttle Buses are specially for dropping to Sentosa Island and are free of charge.They drop you at the gate of Casino.
Sentosa Island itself consists of various Amusement and adventure Parks. Most famous of them is Universal Studio.The studio consists of Amusement Park on themes of the Movies done by studios such as Shrek, Madagascar, Transformers, Sesame Street, Jurassic Park. Whole day there are shows in various areas ( you can get the schedule at the gate itself, follow the timings). Since Vikas had told us that universal studio itself will consume your whole day, so we purchased tickets for it only and did not go to other adventure which are primarily water parks ( with Diving under water) and Lugo Ride.
If you are going, I would suggest you to take following basic etiquette:
- Try to take minimum items with you. Leave camera at home and take your Purse or Mobile in a Belt Pouch, so that you can hang it around your body while doing roller coasters. Carrying extra things like camera will mean unnecessary bothering for you, or the people with you ( if you are in a group).With advanced technologies, you can click photographs with your mobiles.
- There are certain rides where you can not/ should not take your kids, so be prepared for doing rides alone, in case you are carrying a Kid as parents, so that you can enjoy the rides as well as keep the kid looked after.
- We were afraid that we may get wet in the Rapids Ride at Jurassic Park, so it was suggested to carry change over. But unless you are very fussy, there is no need of change over, as the weather is quite hot there, so within no time, clothes dry up. Any extra carrying will call for a hiring of locker, which again COSTS.
- The shows not to miss are :
- Lights camera Action by Steven Spielberg,
- Shrek 4D,
- Transformer Ride (Preferably you should not take kid below 5 with you),
Photo op outside Sci Fi city, waiting for The transformer ride to begin
- The Revenge of Mummy Ride ( Kids below certain height not allowed, also its a tough jerky ride as some part is done in absolute darkness),
- Battlestar Galactica has two roller coasters, Human and Cyclone.The day we went it was closed for maintenance. On Blogs I had read its a tough Roller Coaster, but it doesn’t seem so, as we had done tougher in Thorpe Park ( London) so go ahead and enjoy. One of smaller one is canopy flyer, short and sweet just in case you want to get your first experience before trying the harder ones.
- Street Shows like Cruisers, Monstor Rock or Street Fellas are must watch
Using the opportunity while waiting for the cruisers to come.
- There are some rides specially for kids at Sesame Street, Kind Julian’s Merry Go round at Madagascar and Crate Adventures at Madagascar.
- In Hollywood walk of fame, the characters of Hollywood movies keep coming out, and you can get your pics clicked with them.